NUMERACY MATH MATS
26 Numeracy math mats approach numeracy and counting as explorations through the senses. Use touch (counting chips). Use sound (abacus). Introduce sight words for mathematics. Connect numeracy to literacy: emphasize using the alphabet as the background for naming objects; recognizing the words for numbers, and saying numbers aloud.
- See the number.
- Attach the number to objects.
- Count the items, and add them on an abacus.
- Say the letter and the number.
Download. Print. Slip into sleeves or laminate for best use.
- 26 Math Mats PDF Download
- Instructions to Make a Personal Abacus
You supply counting chips, dry erase marker, abacus (made from paper plate/beads).
Or purchase a PreK PreSTEAM Station in our shop with Math Mats Download, Calendar Download, Abacus, Counters, Timer, Measuring Tape, Dry Erase Marker